Friday, October 1, 2010

Sugar High Friday - October's Theme is Layer Cakes!

 


Welcome to October's Sugar High Friday!

Sugar High Friday is a blogging event started by Jennifer at the Domestic Goddess.  Each month, the host chooses a theme, and you all get to make a dessert showcasing that idea.  At the end of the month, I'll post a round-up of all your delicious concoctions!

This month's theme:  Layer Cakes!  I love layer cakes, and with the weather getting colder out there, it's a perfect time to spend an afternoon in the kitchen.  You won't even need to worry about your buttercream melting!  Be creative with your flavor combinations  -anything goes:  peanut buttter, chocolate, carrot, almond, pistachio, lemon, pumpkin, .... 





Anyone can participate. Here are the details.

* Make a layer cake between now and October 26th.

* Post your cake on your blog (if you have one), with pictures, and a link to this announcement.

* Send me an email with the following info by Monday October 26th:  your name, your blog's name, the name of your cake, the link to your cake post, and a 250 x 250 pixel jpg of your cake.

* If you don't have a blog, send me an email with your name, the name of your cake, and a 250 x 250 pixel jpg of your cake by Monday October 26th.

*Check back here on Friday October 30th to see everyone's cakes!


Here are some more cakes, just to start your creative juices flowing.






 
 







Stumble Upon Toolbar

8 comments:

  1. all of your cakes are truly inpsiring :) hopefully i can bake a layer cake just as nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, layer cakes, sounds exciting! and love all the pictures, everything looks lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made my wedding cake. That's what I think about when I look at these cakes. It wasn't a big wedding - not the first go-around for each of us. So I thought I'd give it my best shot.

    The cake on the bottom was an Almond Brown Butter Cake with Cherry filling between the layers.

    The middle cake was coconut flavored with a Mango filling between the layers.

    The top cake was a Hazelnut Cake with an apricot filling between the layers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh darn! I was so psyched about your invite to submit my aptly named "Sugar High Chocolate Cake" but I thought I had to the end of October. Oh well, I will send it in anyway and if you find a way to include it, many thanks.

    Your cakes are phenomenal! I would love to be able to produce something that looked as gorgeous as any of those!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carolyn - definitely send it in. I haven't put up the round up yet!

    Thanks so much for the kind words!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Denise - that sounds great, especially the brown butter cake. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete